88.7 The River is looking for their next Summer Cruiser Superstar! We are offering a part time, paid summer position starting in June until late Aug 2019.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks including:
• Develop calendar of local events, schedule appearances, conduct interviews, promote station and local events.
• Meet and engage listeners.
• Assist coordination of promotional, sales and programming campaigns
• General maintenance of station vehicle.
• Use and maintenance of technical equipment to provide on air content.
• Conducting cold calls for information and interview requests.
• Attend and participate in weekly meetings and brainstorms
• Creating wrap up reports for station events, promotions and campaigns
• Assist in maintaining station websites and social media as required
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate is
• Currently studying, or has interest in the field of journalism, radio, television, broadcasting, media, communications, or marketing.
• Proficient in social media, specifically Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
• Passionate about community and people!
• Works well in a team and able to work independently.
• Holds a G Drivers license and clean driver’s abstract and able to drive manual transmission
.• Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and passion to have fun
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
• Strong creative skills
If you are interested in having a lot of fun in a cool summer job and have what it takes to fill this position, forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com